I started 2012 with an 0-4 record, definitely not on the right foot. By May, I found myself rallying back. For the year, i’d put my record at 10-6. I was able to overcome adversity and some self-inflicted wounds. I accomplished some solid things like writing for other publications (NBC33, LA Film & Video Mag), writing some fiction-LIT, cutting out fast food from my diet once and for all and even making new friends. Did I make the playoffs? I’d have to say that I barely missed them (the Vikings beat the Packers after all…).
Heading in 2013, i’m planning to expand on what I’ve accomplished. Here’s what I have in mind:
- More writing for new publications
- Delving more into fiction/lit
- Continue to eat healthy/Eat healthier
- Exercise (something I haven’t been doing)
- Start a new blog (not personal)
- Take time to read some new books
- Travel more (I’m supposed to go to Las Vegas in Feb)
- Make and save more money
- Go out more//laugh more
- Attempt a change of scenery
- Help others out more/volunteer my time
- Meet new people
- Stay more organized (I’ve definitely been doing better at this…but there’s still room for improvement)
- Learn more about other cultures/history
- Learn how to draw once again
- Explore more
- New tattoos!
- Go on new adventures
I’m not one for loudly expressing my views, especially when so many of those around me seem to differ. Sometimes I feel it would bring unnecessary uneasiness to what could be described as the already tense situation of life. I, however, felt I finally had to resort to collecting my thoughts somewhere regarding the ongoing U.S. presidential election and while I don’t support any candidate on all issues 100%, here’s why I think this election matters:
- Do we really want to hand over the keys to fix the economy to a republican party that was in charge when the economy initially tanked?
- How could we expect someone to fix the worst economic disaster since the great depression in just less than four years?
- Do we really want to risk the social progress made during the past four years (IE the removal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell).
- Do we really want a leader that believes 47% of the American people can never be convinced to take responsibility for their own lives/who’s job isn’t to care for us?
- Do we really want to deny Americans who are different from us equal marriage rights by meddling in their business - in which we should have no say in?
- Do we want to return to the mindset that America should police the world instead of seeking equal partners on a global scale?
- Do we really want a leader who headed a business that simply bought out other companies/shipped jobs overseas?
- Do we really want to elect someone who’s just about switched his position on every single issue to get elected?
- Do we really want tax policies that benefit the wealthiest among us instead of the middle-class/poor? (No such tax policy was in place when the economy was booming in the mid to late 90s/when a budget surplus existed).
- It’s also significant to note that the unemployment rate recently dropped to 7.8% - the lowest since the beginning of the great recession.
The above is simply my opinion/questions I believe should be considered.
may you rest among the stars.
well this is a longshot. maybe it’s just so crazy that it’ll actually work. life’s too short not to try, right? o_O today a perfect shot got interrupted. I held my tongue. socially awkward moment, perhaps..gotta quit that. then again, maybe there was a little progress?
the weeks have been so busy. next friday we’ll be moving into a larger place (my roommates and i) in the same complex. i actually forked over some bucks recently and bought a larger TV (43 inch samsung) - unfortunately I need to get the digital box that actually makes the cable HD. can’t wait to mount it. then again, i’d rather devote my money towards future traveling endeavors..that’s if that even happens.
what’s up fall? summer will soon be over. thank god! that means football (fantasy football), new TV shows, the walking dead, oh and did i mention, overall better weather?
i’m still working on things. compared to how i was 6 months ago, i’m on a better course. i’ve let myself slide physically, though. i mean, i’m not fat at all. i’m just not in shape. i’ve been working on changing that over the last few days. it takes a combination of eating healthier and working out. i always swing into the healthy mode just to let myself slide. Stay persistent!
geez, i just want a GF. that’s all. it’ll happen.
tired of seeing people try to cover/sing call me maybe. It’s old now. #notfunny
Fuckkkkkkk, that’s what I repeatedly keep thinking to myself time and time again tonight. And while I should be sleeping, I’m having one of those self-pondering episodes in which I’ll question who I am as a person and why I act the way I do. I’m in for a long one and it’s not gonna be fun. And all this time I thought I had finally ridden my spirit from the social awkward curse I’d endured since my teenage years. Yet I was wrong. However, step by step, I’m still working to slay that wretched beast. I keep my guard up, my soul enclosed for nobody to see at first glance. I’m too paranoid I’ll come off as strange, unusual, my jokes will fall flat and i’ll be outright rejected. While i’ve tried to tell myself time and time again, “DON’T WORRY ABOUT THAT STUFF,” I guess it’s in my nature. And to deal with this, I’ve come up with a simple solution in the meantime. Please be patient with me, I promise i’ll open up, eventually. Sooner than later. Then again, there are those my comfort level discriminates against. I can be myself around some people, but not around others. I mesh with the introverts. However, if you’re able to break my shell (it’s actually quite simple: just give me time), consider it a special feat: I promise i’ll provide you with plenty of entertainment, laughs, adventures & perhaps a bit of intellectuality stimulating chit chat (cosmic pondering regarding the origin of the universe!).
Actually, I might just be able to sleep after all.
Credible archaeologists have long ruled out the idea that aliens created the pyramids. However, History Channel has reason to believe otherwise, and they’ve devoted an entire series to it. Also, if they’re not showing programming on UFOs/ALIENS, you’ll be seeing some scruffy guys in the woods and a bunch of other crap reality shows that actually have nothing to do with history.
From Wikipedia: A black hole is a region of spacetime where gravity prevents anything, including light, from escaping. The theory of general relativity predicts that a sufficiently compact mass will deform spacetime to form a black hole. Around a black hole there is a mathematically defined surface called an event horizon that marks the point of no return. It is called “black” because it absorbs all the light that hits the horizon, reflecting nothing, just like a perfect black body in thermodynamics.
she was very cute in a very nerdy/awkward type of way. I wish I would have acted differently, had more to say. perhaps there will be a next time.
anything good on netflix? The other night I watched Cashback. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have off the next two nights. Last week started off great. It turned into a let down. The near future is hopefully brighter. By the time September ends, who knows where i’ll be. Maybe not in Baton Rouge. That would be nice. A change of scenery and a fresh start could do wonders. I’d really like that. Wish me luck. I’ve got my fingers crossed.
today I gave myself a clean shave for the first time in awhile. I’m not really sure why I did it..perhaps out of boredom. When i looked in the mirror I hardly recognized myself. I felt like I’d lost part of my soul with the hair lost. I much preferred how I looked with my musketeeresque stache & goatee. Needles to say, I probably won’t be providing myself with any further clean shaves for quite some time. The good news? It grows back fast.